Photobucket

Monday, March 26, 2007

Does My Opinion Change The Facts?

It came to my attention today in English class that our world has lost all sense of truth. This brings me to the question, does my opinion change the facts? How about my "point of view" or the way I see things in general. Are we each creating our own truth? Where does that leave us? I'd argue that this argument is a useless waste of time. Just because I think it's true, doesn't make it true. Yes, I agree that some things are obviously opinion based, but you can't argue that a line is straight when it's actually crooked... or can you? We all have seperate view points so something that I believe is true, may or may not be true.. but my beliefs don't change the facts. Perhaps there are far too many unknowns.. far more than we would humanly like to admit to. Whatever the case, I do believe in one absolute truth and that truth will set you free. That is all. As for the rest, it's not important. After all, what difference does it really make if I think a tree is brown and you think it's purple? Overall, we are wasting our time or maybe just trying to pass it so we can get through our mundane lives.
Well, that is all. Be free,
-Emily

No comments: