Photobucket

Friday, October 10, 2008

No Greater Joy

Today I was shuffling through my iPod and it came to a song that is one of my favourites. However, it seems I have never paid that much attention to the lyrics.. That is to say, the first verse caught me off guard. Maybe because purpose has been such a hot topic lately.. I don't know.. but the verse goes like this:

"No greater joy
Is there than this

To know for what
We're meant to live

To hold Your hand

To touch Your face

To find ourselves

In loves embrace
"


To say that there's "No greater joy" is quite a bold statement.. incredibly bold actually. Also incredibly peaceful... to think that there is nothing better in the world than recognizing what you're living for... knowing your purpose. Also knowing that it's such a beautiful purpose..
I've posted the rest of the lyrics here.. along with a picture that this song reminds me of.

I want to stand before the King
Join in the song that heaven sings

I want to hold the hand that holds the world


I want to know the mystery

Reach out and touch the majesty
I want to hold the hand tht holds the world


No greater love
Could be bestowed

That You would name us as your own


Your daughters sing

Your sons rejoice
They gather here before
Your throne


You are, You are

The author of creation

We are, the children of your heart


You are, You are,

The light of all the heaven

We rise, to worship all You are
-The Hand that Holds the World
by Starfield

No comments: