Photobucket

Thursday, April 5, 2007

DO-OVER BUTTONS & THOUGHTS ON PRAYER

Today I was reminded once again of how great it would be if we had a do-over button for life.
You know when you go through a day and everything goes wrong and you don't do anything right and at the end of it all, you just want to redo the day.
It reminds me of when you're little and any problem can be fixed by yelling,
"DO OVER!"
And everybody just assumes that the first time didn't count.
I once heard somebody say that they had never had a day like this.
I like to refer to that as memory blocking.
Sometimes I wonder if the redo would be any better than the first time. Perhaps not.
Sometimes I find that these days are actually easy to forget.
Probably because these kinds of days are generally lived in a completely different mindset.
Otherwise they wouldn't be quite so bad.
It's days like this that prayer seems to be the most useful.
Is prayer meant to be useful?
Well, perhaps.
Prayer is partially for the purpose of developing a relationship with God, assuming that you are praying to God. Otherwise, I really have no idea what you're trying to do or why you're doing it. Whatever it is.. good luck with that.
Nevertheless, I'm curious to hear responses so I'm going to ask an open ended question here, and that is:
Do you pray? and Why?
Well, that is all
Prayerfully yours,
-Emily

P.S. I apologize for the lack of visuals. I had a good picture for this one too! Unfortunately, the photo uploader thinger isn't working :(

No comments: