Photobucket

Saturday, April 14, 2007

STRATEGIES IN GAMES, LIFE, & THE SUBLIMINALITY OF BROKEN DISHES

STRATEGIES IN GAMES, LIFE, & THE SUBLIMINALITY OF BROKEN DISHES

Recently, I noticed an interesting cultural habit.
If you've ever played a board game, card game, or possibly some other game, you may know what I'm talking about.
It's also quite possible that you will have no idea what I'm talking about.
So I'd like to say, I ever play a game with you and you win,
I quite honestly don't want to know how you won.
Why do people explain their strategies?
Clearly we have already been impressed with your winnings.
Must you also impress us with your strategies?
Even in non-strategic games?
On top of that, what good is the strategy to anyone once everyone knows it?

I once played Go Fish with a collection of idiots.. I mean, a group of friends..??

If there is honestly any strategy to this game, I haven't yet discovered it.
And yet the winner felt the need to inform us all of how they managed to skillfully defeat each and every one of us with their intelligence, artistry and obvious experience in the game of Go Fish.
I suppose that it was important for me to know how they knew that I had 2 aces, 3 kings, etc.
With that in mind, I'm pretty good at that game. I've developed about as much skill at it as I have in life.
People should explain their life strategies more often.
Only if they're winning, of course.
If they're losing, they shouldn't speak, but it always seems to be the losing ones who are dropping strategies like a swiss chalet waitress drops dishes.
So here is my one and only piece of advice.
Never try to use broken dishes.

Sincerely,
Emily

No comments: