Photobucket

Monday, April 2, 2007

THE DRUNK EXCUSE, RELIGION VS. GOD, AND...

THE DRUNK EXCUSE, RELIGION VS. GOD, AND THE ACT OF JUDGING OTHER PEOPLE BASED ON THEIR JEANS (sorry, that wouldn't all fit in the Title bar)

Recently I've heard a lot of peope use this wonderful excuse for stupidity. I call it... "The Drunk Excuse"! Why? well.. mostly because that's what it is. People do stupid things and when you comment on those things at a later time accordingly the reply with responses such as,
"It's not my fault. I was drunk" or
"I don't even remember doing that, I was drunk" or
"Oh I did not do that!" (clearly implying that they were drunk)
This leaves me to wonder... why would anyone say that?
Must you relocate the stupidity to a previous time and make it worse than it already is?
There is no need.
We've already established that you are stupid.
Enough said!
But this brings me to something else and it seems to be a common topic in today's society. Religion vs. God.
Can you seperate them? The answer: Yes..
I don't even need to go into that, but I will.
God never expressed much interest in religion.
Yes, he had his laws, but that's it.
Religion generally includes human laws, but God believed in Love.
Love God.
Love Your Neighbour as yourself.
Are you doing that? Good. You shouldn't have a problem.
Some people will read that and say,
"Emily.. what if I want to judge other people based on their jeans?"
And I will say,
"Yes.. that is a problem... So, allow me to help you."


Jeans have been around for a long time. Allow me to introduce you to the history of Jeans: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeans <--- look there.. I don't feel like telling you.
Back to the task at hand.
Jeans. They come in many sizes, shapes, colours, and styles. I like jeans. You like jeans. We all like jeans. Let's keep wearing them.
That said, feel free to judge me based on my jeans.
Seeing as how there are so many options associated with jeans, it shouldn't be hard to find ones suited to each individuals personality. Allow judgement.. or get new jeans.

Emily, OUT!

No comments: