Photobucket

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

THUNDERSTORMS, BEING BUSY, & BUS CANCELLATIONS

I was sitting in English class today, racking my brain for ideas for note topics. I thought of a few, but then realized that I was much too busy to really write about any of those topics thoroughly enough to do them justice.
I got home, opened my laptop, realized that I have to go to work in half an hour so I thought, what better topic to write about than being busy?
I've heard a lot of thoughts on this. Some people say it is a good thing. Others say it is a bad thing. I think it's both. Lately I've had more work to do than I really have time for.
In this situation, I'd say it's not a good thing. I see a lot of people struggling with this in the same sort of way. Other highschool students know that we live every day hoping that tomorrow's schedule includes a bus cancellation.

Which makes me think.. why don't we have bus cancellations when it's raining?
I checked out the weather network to see what the weather was looking like for tonight and it's calling for thunderstorms.. quite possibly for the 3rd time already this week.
I have yet to see any lightning.
I'm beginning to think that busyness leads to insanity.
Thunderstorms quite possibly also lead to insanity.
Therefore Busyness = Thunderstorms and if they cancelled school due to rain, Busyness = Bus Cancellations... I like where this is going.
I've often thought that high schools should allow students to take at least one day off every month just for the sake of homework. I thought they wanted us to do well...
At any rate, this note could also be affectionately dubbed "Procrastination" which means that I must depart!

Here's to hoping for bus cancellations!
-Emily

No comments: