Photobucket

Friday, April 13, 2007

GIFT WRAP, FEMINISM, NINJA TURTLES & DUTCH BLITZ!

Gift Wrap...
Good Idea or no?
I figure it's pretty useless, seeing as how gifts can't stay hidden forever...
Why do we hide them anyway?
"I'm going to give you something... but I don't want you to see it!"
Good concept!
But I'm not here to bash gift wrap. I'm sure that whoever came up with the idea is making millions.
However, I would like to say that I believe that Gift wrap is one area in which Feminism has failed misserably.
Men and women are NOT equal in the wrapping paper department!
Sure, you can go anywhere else in wal-mart and the men and women are treated as equivalent sexes until you start shopping for wrapping paper.
If you've tried this, you'll probably agree with me. There is a serious lack in male gift wrap! We could do something about this... then again, why bother?
They've been saying that since the beginning.. who cares? It's wrapping paper... it's useless and you rip it anyway.
Get over it.
But let's continue our discussion on feminism.
So yesterday, I found myself in McDonald's... gross, but hey, My intent was only to buy Ice Tea (which I love very much).
I walk in, and see the Happy Meal toy display and I am confronted with a glorious sea of Ninja Turtles and... The Wizard of Oz...??
Right..
So all thoughts of Ice tea set aside, my thoughts turn to Ninja Turtles (for obvious reasons).
I come to the realization that I must buy a Happy Meal. It would be silly not to.
Have no fear, this story has a point.

So I order the happy meal and I ask if I get to choose the toy (obviously I would prefer Mikey over Raph, Don, or Leo.. personal preference) and she asks me what Wizard of Oz toy I want...
??
Clearly this is another situation where feminism has not done it's job. I don't want Toto.. I want Mikey and no, I don't think Dorothy has a nice dress and the ruby slippers are ugly. (Not to suggest that I don't love the movie.. one of my personal favourites.. Mostly due to the fact that it was the first movie ever to be filmed in colour. That is an impressive feat, I must say.)

To end on a more positive note..
I received a flyer in the mail today from the Christian Book store in town. I was reminded that they sell the truly amazing game... Dutch Blitz! Why? I have no idea... it seems random.. Tell me your thoughts on that..

Ok that's all.
Later DayZ! (you have to spell "Dayz" with a "Z".. I don't know why.. ask Zellers. They probably started that.... Marketing... pfft)
-Emily

No comments: