Photobucket

Sunday, April 15, 2007

HIDDEN WASHROOMS & PEOPLE WHO SUCK AT GIVING DIRECTIONS

RESTAURANTS WITH HIDDEN WASHROOMS & PEOPLE WHO SUCK AT GIVING DIRECTIONS

The more I think about it, the more it seems strange to me.
If this next paragraph confuses you, maybe you should get out more.
I wish that I was in such a situation recently so that I would have a clearer example. Normally I wouldn't wish for this, though.
Anyway, I'm sure we've all been there... those dreaded restaurants with hidden washrooms! (or "restrooms".. but who rests in there??)

The pre-meal conversation generally goes something like this:
"I think I'll go wash my hands"
"Ya, me too"
"Where's the washroom?"
"I don't know"
"Do you see any signs?"
"no"
"Maybe we should ask"
"No, let's just look for it."
"Ok"
And the adventure begins!
The search for the hidden restaurant washroom.
I don't know why, but for some reason, some restaurants don't seem to think it's necessary to display proper signage to their washrooms!
Then there are those wonderful basement washrooms.
You know the ones where you feel like you're entering a dungeon and risking your life for the sake of urination.

But then there are those wonderful friends. The friend who went first.
They already found the washroom. They know where it is.
Generally their directions sound something like this.
"I dunno. Just look for it"
or
"Just go around the corner"
Or something similar
These directions are, of course, useless and they'd be better off to say,
"fly in the direction of the moon and take a write at the 43rd star."
"Thank you. That is much clearer. I'll be back after dinner"

Well that's all. I have no more to say. (What a relief, eh?)
Goodnight & Good luck!
-Emily

No comments: